Skip to main content

featured post

This is how I bring a little bit of Brooklyn to Austin

My brow routine - A quick Everyday Eyebrow Makeup Tutorial in 5 mins or less

Quick Tip Tuesday - unruly brows!

Here is  a quick 5 min beauty tip that I use and think you'll love.
If you've seen my blog before you know that I am more than a just a little obsessed, with Lastics Shave Soap.
But check this out...you'll never believe how I use it today!

Here's my routine.

You will need

1. A brow brush - the ones I use are either

  • Senna fine line,
a picture of Senna's Fine Liner Eye Brush
Senna Fine Liner Brush
  • Ve's Favorite Brushes - Slant Tip 
in image of Ve Neils Favorite Brushes in Slant Tip
Ve's Favorite Brushes - Slant Tip

  •  Nars #5 brow brush.
    Nars #5 Brush
 2. A brow pencil
  • I don't spend big money on this, the one I'm using for this video is from Daiso (it's $1.50 and I love it!)
 3. A brow powder
an image of Senna Brow Book  Eyebrow Palette
  •  I am using Senna's brow palette because I want to use 2-3 colors so it looks natural and not one dimensional
 4. A spooly or a toothbrush
  • to brush them into place and      



5. Here's the kicker, instead of brow gel, I use my Shave Soap from Lastics
  •  it holds them in place without feeling crunchy (plus it smells ahhhhmazing!)












6. A brow highlighter  (optional) 
a picture of Anastasia matte highlighter crayon in Camille

  • to clean up and sharpen your edges - I'm using Anastasia Matte Highlighter Crayon in Camille



How To-



 First brush your brows up,with your toothbrush or spooly.
 Use the brow pencil to fill in any gaps, using quick little strokes to mimic the hairs.
Then go over the pencil using your brow powder.

Then brush your brows downward using the spooly or toothbrush, and do the same process for the top of your brows.

You want to remember to use a light hand on the beginning of your brows, the concentration of  product should be in the arch, which will bring the eye upward, otherwise it just looks unnatural &  heavy.(or in my case sinister-haha)
Once you're all filled in, take your spooly or toothbrush, slightly dampen it, and run it over the shave soap until you pick up enough product and brush your brows into place.
In about a minute, when this dries, you will have natural looking brows that stay in place all day!

And there you have it- My five minute brow routine!
Sounds a little crazy but it works.
Try it!

Do you have any weird little hacks or products you use a little unconventionally?
I'd love to know, tell me about them in the comments below.

And if you enjoyed this quick tip, I hope you'll subscribe and share!
 Thanks!

**Special Thanks to Lastics for providing the Shave Soap for this demo
#gotitfree
All opinions expressed in this post are my own, and no payment was received.

You can find Lastics Shave Soap here:
"add rel=” nofollow” https://lasticsbody.com/products
Senna Brow Book and brushes:
"add rel=” nofollow” http://www.sennacosmetics.com/brows

Made with Perfect Video "add rel=” nofollow” http://goo.gl/j49PLI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The long awaited post about THE MAKEUP SHOW !

I know, I know,..... it's been forever since my last post, and I could make excuses and say " a cross country move, a breakup, another move, (not necessarily in that order)...sometimes life gets in the way"..... but truth be told, I got sooooo much loot at the makeup show that I wanted to be able to actually use it, and not just on myself, but on my clients, so that when I spoke to you about it, I'd actually have something to say. So without further adieu, I give you ..... The Makeup Show LA Bloggger Bag There was so much in this "goodie bag" that I almost don't know where to start.  I have a few favorites that I could go on and on about so I'll leave those for last. I will say this, there are some things that I selfishly will keep in my own makeup bag that my pro-kit will never know about!!! ***to purchase all these products, just click on the underlined links below*** First up Model in a Bottle, @ModelinaBottle One of my friend Step

Celebrity Red Carpet Makeup & Hair Whitney Cummings

I recently had the pleasure of doing makeup & hair on another one of my favorite funny ladies, Whitney Cummings. If I didn't know better, I'd say I'm starting to become the female comics makeup artist. First Sarah Silverman, then Margaret Cho, Parker Posey and now Whitney Cummings? You may remember Whitney from Chelsea Lately's roundtable, or "roasts" of Joan Rivers, David Hasselhoff, and Donald Trump. Her next project is an NBC sitcom called appropriately "Whitney". I met Whitney at her hotel, her face scrubbed clean, and could not get over how flawless her skin was! She is absolutely gorgeous, the Angelina Jolie of comedy. She has the most beautiful alabaster skin, unlike most LA women she isn't sprayed orange or tanned, so I wanted to let her true complexion shine through. Since her skin was already moisturized, I started with KohGenDo's Makeup Color Base in green, just to tone down any redness Then I used Aqua Foundation in PK

The Real (bend and) Scoop on Sticky Bras

When I mention the term "Strapless Sticky Bra", what visual comes to mind? Is it two beige yarmulkes stuck to your boobs? Or for those of you above a B cup is it sad Mickey Mouse ears, or a subsequent collapse of support?  When I bought the Yale Stuart Strapless sticky bra to review, I already had a preconceived notion in my head that it wouldn’t work. I have natural 34C boobs. I emphasize "natural" because I don’t have a gravity defying boob job, like most of the models advertising this type of product. My boobs are still perky for someone my age, one of the advantages of not having a child and breast-feeding, but regardless I’m not brave enough to go "commando" in a strappy sundress. So when I tell you I put this baby to the test, believe me! I wore this under my spaghetti strap dress and went out dancing in the Florida heat and humidity. Surprisingly, it passed the boogie down test with minimal jiggle and no slippage. After about three hours of shaki

portfolio gallery